Do You Have What it Takes to be a Gather Reporter?
Gather, the JA Alumni Network, is looking for six JA alumni—one from each region—to serve as Gather Reporters!
Gather Reporters will have the opportunity to work as international storytellers on behalf of JA alumni, from interviewing inspiring individuals to recording videos and producing content for the JA Worldwide social media channels and Gather. Gather Reporters will be officially featured by JA Worldwide on Gather and other social media channels and will represent the diverse alumni community around the globe.
What does a Gather Reporter do?
Once every six weeks . . .
- Write, record, or film a story related to alumni in your region
- Research a successful alumnus in your region and interview him or her
- Present an alumni network from your region
- Feature an alumni-owned business or an alumni network event
- Post your “Discovery of the week”
- Find a book, article, podcast, video, event, or something you think is worth sharing with the alumni community
- Create a video, audio, or post for Gather and explain why they should check it out
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of the global Gather communications team as an international storyteller
- Interview and connect with inspiring individuals
- Produce multimedia content for JA Worldwide and Gather
- Develop global communication skills
- Enroll in a professional online blogging/social media course
- Receive exclusive Gather Reporter merchandise
- Get feedback from published, professional authors
- Earn an official certificate of participation from JA Worldwide and list JA Worldwide on LinkedIn
Do you have what it takes to be a Gather Reporter?
Gather Reporters must be . . .
- Registered on Gather
- Passionate about JA/INJAZ/YE etc. and the global alumni movement
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Willing to actively contact and communicate with various people online and offline (and occasionally in front of a camera)
- Be open-minded and receptive to feedback on your work
- Commit to volunteering approximately five hours per month to the Gather Reporter role through the end of 2020